Looking to work in a fast paced, creative environment? The Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre might be a perfect fit for you! All employees enjoy the perks of free meals on performance days, free tickets for employee night for each show, and an employee discount for tickets and in the gift shop.
The following positions are currently available at the Dutch Apple. Please apply in person at the theatre (510 Centerville Road, Lancaster, PA 17601).
KITCHEN AND SERVICE:
Duties and Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- *Hire, train and supervise and dismiss all dining room personnel in consultation with management. Oversee Kitchen functions
- *Schedule of all service staff.
- *Supervise the timely preparation of food and beverages
- *Serve as dining room manager by greeting guests and directing them to entrances or ticket office, remaining on the floor from the opening of the dining room through the beginning of the performance and direct traffic to the most appropriate buffet while circulating the dining room and chat with guests, problem solve any unhappy guest issues and assist in bussing, service, bartending or anywhere there is a need.
- *Manage the bar, handle inventory of liquor and soda and order new supplies. Service Manager is accountable for bartender and server pouring for profitability. Complete monthly inventory reports.
- *Create new specialty drinks for each show in the season and maintain pricing on these and all other beverage service to optimize sales and profitability.
- *Handle all incidents in the dining room including but not limited to service, food, and other issues in cooperation with the appropriate manager.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Assumes all duties of the Executive Chef in the Chef’s absence.
- Oversight of food production and kitchen personnel in the Executive Chef’s absence.
- Assists the Executive Chef in supervising food production for buffets, catering events and functions.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and equipment.
- Assists the Executive Chef with inventories, pricing, cost control, requisitions and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of first aid safety, obey and enforce all safety and health regulations and maintain proper sanitation – encourage and expect the same from personnel.
- Be certified in and adhere to Safe Serve guidelines and ensure employees adhere as well.
- Must work minimum of 40hrs per week.
- Responsible for training of new employees along with the Executive Chef.
Dish washers and Prep Cooks
Experience is not required, however, it is a huge plus. The perfect candidate will be able to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, and weekend and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Please apply in person or Electronic Job Application available on the right hand side menu.
Dessert Prep Person
Prepare and prep all dessert items for the buffet. The perfect candidate will be able to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, and weekend and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Please apply in person or Electronic Job Application available on the right hand side menu.
Service Staff (Servers, Bussers, Hostesses, Bartenders):
Service staff must be clean, personable, and love to be around people. Busser position requires lifting up to 40 lbs. Server experience required, but willing to train other positions. Flexible schedule is a bonus with the variety of shifts offered. Please apply in person and ask for Michael Allen, Service Manager. Electronic Job Application available on the right hand side menu.