We are thrilled to raise our curtain and begin welcoming you back to Dutch Apple! To assure your visit with us will be safe for you, our cast members and employees, we have made some changes which include:
Health and Safety
- Per state guidelines, all customers must wear a face mask while in the theatre, except while actively eating or drinking. Masks are required while watching the performance, and any time customers are away from their table.
- We are operating at a reduced capacity
- We have adjusted the seating arrangement and all tables are private and appropriately spaced.
- Everyone is encouraged to practice six feet social distancing while moving throughout the building.
- Employees completed an extensive evaluation before being able to return to work.
- Employees are required to wear protective gear and practice frequent hand washing.
- For the time being, we will still be offering our buffet but the food will be served by our staff attendants wearing gloves and masks as customers walk through.
- Face masks MUST be worn when getting food at the buffet.
- You will have the option of a tossed salad or Caesar salad served to your table.
- Our delicious dessert buffet will now consist of pre-plated desserts.
- Thursday evening performances will remain our served meal.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- While we have always had a rigorous sanitation process in place, we have implemented new cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout the facility which includes an extensive cleaning of all high-touched areas numerous times throughout the day/evening.
- There are an increased number of hand sanitizer stations for your use.
- We are utilizing UV lights before and after performances and rehearsals to help disinfect and sanitize areas of the theatre. UV has been proven to help reduce the amount of virus present in the air and on surfaces by destroying its ability to reproduce and infect.
What has not changed, is the exceptional entertainment, customer service and delicious meal you have come to expect at Dutch Apple. Finally, if you have been ill or showing symptoms of illness in the two weeks leading up to your performance date, or, if you have a temperature on the date of the show, please call the box office and we will allow a complimentary exchange. Thank you for your understanding and support and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Exposure to COVID-19 is a risk in any public location; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
Guidelines and safety measures are subject to change.